• One voucher, valid for many airfields nationwide
• All British Microlight Aircraft Association clubs
• Insulated flying suits available for cold weather
• Fixed & flexwing microlights offered by many clubs
All microlight experiences start with a pre-flight briefing where you will be shown the ultra light aircraft, its main characteristics and have the basic principles of flight explained - all really interesting stuff even before you've taken to the air! Then once securely strapped in, the instructor will handle the take off and climb. Having settled down in level flight your pilot will demonstrate a few gentle turns and you will then be given the opportunity to try for yourself. You might not believe us now, but you'll find it's really quite easy (yet still totally thrilling!) to actually fly the aircraft yourself. Microlight aircraft are quite varied these days, with many clubs now flying fixed wing microlights that offer the comfort of a regular training aircraft, whilst others still offer flights in the flexible wing, 'open cockpit' style microlights. If you fancy microlighting then you may want to check out our gyrocopter experience too (make sure you watch the video first)! As with all Into the Blue flying activities, all aircraft used on these microlight experiences comply with the British Civil Airworthiness Requirements issued by the CAA to regulate each aircraft, the manufacturer and pilots. All microlight clubs are part of the British Microlight Aircraft Association. Don't forget we've got loads of different flying experiences you might be interested in - from helicopter lessons to vintage biplanes and also a superb selection of gift experience offers on our main gift ideas section here.
• Take a lesson in a fixed wing or flex wing microlight• Ground briefing and explanation of the aircraft• Learn how the controls influence the flight of the aircraft • Opportunity to take the controls and fly the microlight for part of the flight• Choose from a 20, 30, 45 or 60 minute lessons
Did you know you can give this
deal as a personalised gift voucher?
• Microlighting is available throughout the year at most venues where conditions allow • Some flying venues are only operational at weekends • You might prefer to take your flight in warm weather, as in some microlights passengers are exposed to the elements, however insulated flying suits are provided For private flying lessons in traditional planes including bi-planes please see our main flying lessons section
Location: Location, Aircraft Type and Flight Durations Available • Dorset, Salisbury - Fix wing, 30 • Hampshire, Basingstoke - Fix wing, 20 • East Yorkshire, Beverley - Flex & Fix wing , 20/30/60 • Lancashire, Cockerham - Flex, 20/30/45/60 • Lincolnshire, Langworth - Flex & Fix, 20• Lincolnshire, Grantham - Fix wing, 20/30/45/60 • Northamptonshire, Corby - Flex, 20/30/45/60• Staffordshire, Lichfield - Flex wing, 20/45 'Flex wing' microlights have open style cockpits and a wing like a hang glider. 'Fix wing' microlights have a closed cockpit and resemble normal airplanes.
Price checked & discount may take into account Dealmonster Promos
May buy multiples.
Discount Is calculated Using the 'worth' of the item and the price at which Dealmonster is selling it. P&P is not included in this calculation.